Last night (officially Day 10) I ate one more lunabar. That's a total of 3! It was kind of a sucky day so I consoled myself by eating the extra lunabar.
Breakfast: 2 egg muffin frittatas
Lunch: Trader Joe's red curry with tuna package over julienned zucchini
Pre-workout snacks: handful of cashews and almonds
Dinner: baked salmon with julienned zucchini
Dessert: cashew cookie lunabar (which I savored while watching Project Runway)
OK, here is something I've been thinking about. At the end of the 30 days, I'll have a baseline of how to do the Whole30 with eggs and fish. Should I go for one more month, but this time incorporate meat? I think that will be a big mental hurdle for me and go against a lot of my beliefs, but I want to see if it really would make a difference in my workouts.
What do you think??
Depends what your beliefs are. As a Christian, I believe it is okay to eat some animals. Then again, we pump so much hormones and chemicals into our foods, today's meats can be hazardous to your health. If you do eat meat, try to stay organic. But you don't have to eat meat for protein. Melody is Vegan and still seems to get enough protein in her diet to be a fitness guru.
ReplyDeleteBTW, are you accomplishing your weight loss goals? I know it may be early. If you read my first comment, the diet I was on excludes dairy, fruit, bread, potatoes, rice, corn, and pasta, foods you seem to be eating. They contain sugar.
My husband and I have tried a not-so-strict version of this diet (our goals were not just weight loss; they were for a small food budget, so we sometimes had some of the no-no foods because they end up being cheap!), and not only did we feel great, we both lost about 10 lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm preggers now, and we're moving across the country, so we're kind of eating whatever we can scrounge up, but we are really looking forward to protein and veggie meals once we move!
ReplyDeleteI want to know how you julienne your zucchini so beautifully!
would eating meat make you feel sick though since you don't regularly eat meat?
ReplyDelete@Ninja- I am accomplishing my weight loss goals, but my concern regarding meat is that I believe all animals live as we want to live. Having that life taken away from then before they were meant to die isn't right. I also don't like taste or the consistency of meat.
ReplyDelete@Jenn- Wow, good job on the weight loss! Congrats on expecting your second. Where are you and dyour husband moving to? I bought this easy peeler to julienne veggies- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UOLPMW
@Cyna- I don't know. That would be part of the experiment. I assume I would feel sick for a bit at the beginning.