Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Whole30- Days 11-14

This weekend was a major, major fail!! Let's start with the good days--



Day 11- Friday



Breakfast- 2 egg frittatas

Snacks- apple pie luna bar, hard boiled egg


Lunch- Sushi (fish only). I find it really sad to buy sushi and just eat the fish. Salad w/ yellow beets, green papaya, spicy peanuts, hardboiled egg, spinach, balsamic vinaigrette, zucchini. The salad was built at Mixt Greens. I just happened to walk by and saw you could customize your salad. Tried it out and was pleasantly surprised. I might stop by again.




Dinner- Celebrated a friend's birthday at Paul Martin's American Bistro. Their food is great for a chain restaurant! I had a salad with oil and vinegar to start, followed by a delicious cedar plank salmon with spinach, musroom jus, grilled onion and bacon. The best part was the grilled onion and bacon. Mmmmm! It was very, very hard to resist the birthday cake and dessert that came with my meal.



Day 12- Saturday



Breakfast- scrambled egg w/ Foxpoint seasoning, some yam (kinda gross and stringy) and hardboiled egg



Lunch- canned tuna with roasted red peppers, onions, spinach and herbes de provence



Snacks- handful of almonds/cashews, grapes, dates, apricots, macadamia nuts, onions/spinach



Dinner- baked salmon, homemade larabars



On Saturday we went to the farmer's market and bought a ton of produce. I cooked up a storm and made two dozen mini egg frittata muffins, homemade larabars, baked salmon and cauliflower "fried rice". Let me tell you-- the homemade larabars are SO addicting! They are super tasty, but the downside is there is a ton of sugar from the dates.



Day 13- Sunday



Breakfast- homemade larabar, egg frittata muffin



Lunch- This is when my diet took a turn for the worse. I don't blame my family at all, being that I am on this special diet. We had a family barbeque for Labor Day and there was nothing for me to eat for about 2 hours except for chips! I was so hungry that I had some Fritos. For actual lunch at 4pm, I had roasted veggies, olives, pickle, some hardboiled eggs.



Dinner- My mom made me a crab omelette with pesto, some cherry tomatoes. Thanks, mom!



Dessert- homemade larabars, strawberries





Day 14- Monday



Breakfast- omelette with fox point seasoning, homemade larabars



Snacks-- dates, prunes, homemade larabars. I ate waaay too many of these. Actually, I ate the entire batch I made except for one. I can't believe it! Such a pig! :(



Lunch- caulflower fried rice, baked salmon



Dinner- sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes, crab cakes. To make the crab cakes, I made palo-friendly mayo. The crab cakes were really tasty! I'd definitely make them again.





Dessert- one nutty protein ball. I didn't have any strawberries, so it was just the dates and nuts.


Moral of the story for the weekend-- I can't sustain this sugar madness. It is NOT Whole30 and not healthy. I'm at the halfway point on this diet. I'm going to go as clean as I can for the rest of this time. And no, Fritos are not Whole30, so I cheated. :(

1 comment:

  1. it seemed like you did a good job this weekend!! i didn't even notice the fritos! :P

    ReplyDelete