Today- Day 25
Breakfast- egg muffin frittatas
Snacks- macadamia nuts, roasted red bell peppers
Lunch- cod with julienned zucchini
Dinner- We were both tired from a long day, so we headed over to Pinkie's BBQ. We were both sorely disappointed. I had the smoked salmon plate with a side of southern greens and coleslaw. The southern greens were doused with a ton of vinegar and made it hard for me to even want to eat them. The smoked salmon was on the small side and served slightly warm. D had the hillbilly sandwich and a 1/2 rack of baby back ribs plate. He didn't like his food either. :( Bummer!
Dessert- Pluot and canned peaches
A co-worker brought in some special chocolates earlier this week. Since going paleo and doing the Whole30, I wasn't going to eat the chocolates. But, they are a special, regional chocolate, and I'm a sucker for stuff like that. So I saved myself a piece. It's been chilling on my desk (wrapped up), and there have been times this week that I've had to talk myself out of wanting to eat it. This diet (it's more of a way of life) has helped me think about the motivations behind wanting to eat the chocolate. Do I feel that the chocolate will help me feel better? Am I looking for an indulgence? Am I bored? Am I looking for a something to get me through the day? It's been a yes to all of those questions at various times, and it has helped me think about other ways to help myself instead of food and treats. I'm feeling good about myself that I can stare at it and say, nope, I am better than you, chocolate! Take that! There is nothing wrong with a little splurge now and then, but holding myself strictly accountable regarding food is so new to me and actually empowering. But I will eat the chocolate when the 30 days are up!
Sounds like you're doing really good so far with this diet... NOPE, I AM BETTER THAN YOU, chocolate! XD XD XD
ReplyDelete