Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whole30- Days 15-20

Just a small bit of our purchases from this week's farmers market.


I'm back! It's been a busy past few days, preparing food, working out, and living life outside of work. Here's what's been going on the past 5 days-

Day 15, Tuesday

Breakfast- egg frittatas, lunaball
Snacks- hard boiled egg, carrots, can of tuna, last apricot luna bar
Lunch- salmon w/ zucchini
Preworkout snack- lunaballs
Dinner-- banana, 2 crab cakes, dfried rice, baked salmon
Dessert- lunaballs, prunes

I'm telling you-- the lunaballs I made were highly addictive! The one thing I've learned on this diet is my sweet tooth is never satisfied!

Day 16, Wednesday

Breakfast- scrambled egg, lunaball
I'm getting REALLY tired of eating the mini egg frittatas every morning for breakfast. I've started scrambling eggs more and more often for breakfast, but now that is starting to get old. Any suggestions?

Snacks- prunes, dates, hardboiled egg, carrots lunaball
Lunch- salmon w/ zucchini and fried rice
Preworkout- lunaballs
Dinner- egg omelette, sauteed bok choy, spinach, tomato
Dessert- lunaballs

Day 17- Thursday

Breakfast- scrambled egg
Snacks- prunes, dates, red bell pepper, carrots
Lunch-salmon w/ rice, zucchini
Dinner- I went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant with my family. The restaurant just moved to a new location and were all out of fish, so I ordered a shirmp pesto pasta dish and just ate the shrimp. I was still hungry afterwards, so I snuck in a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. :)
Dessert- last lunaballs

Day 18- Friday

Breakfast- scrambled egg
Snacks- prunes, macadamia nuts, carrots. My co-worker came back from Hawaii and brought back some macadamia nuts for me. Yeah!!
Lunch- I didn't have any time to make fish Thursday, so I had to buy food from Mixt Greens. I bought a big "Maui Salad" and modified it-- spinach, avocado, mango, cucumber, seard ahi tuna.
Dinner- tomatoes, scrambled egg, mushrooms, crab cakes
Dessert- emerald queen pluot

Day 19- Saturday- Ended up becoming a cheat day!
Breakfast- egg omelette, pulot
Snacks- fruit samples at farmers market, almond butter, pluot, strawberries
Lunch- grilled salmon from BJ's Grill, steam veggie, tomato/cucumber salad
Dinner- This is when my Whole30 plan went out the window. We went to a wedding, and I decided that I was going to go ahead and eat what I wanted, regardless of Whole30. I never thought I'd end up cheating, right when I was almost 2/3 of the way done. But I enjoyed myself. I ate the following: mini lobster slider, butter leaf lettuce salad with walnuts, grapes, and goat cheese, Irish salmon with mixed veggies and corn polenta. Also had less than one half a glass of wine.
Dessert- A few bites of wedding cake. The wedding featured a dessert bar with mini servings of the following: mini smores cupcake, chocolate mousse, key lime pie, and a red velvet cakepop.

Day 20- Sunday- Lesson learned-- the day after cheat days SUCK

Breakfast- I wanted to wake up early and watch the 9/11 memorials on TV, which started at 5am. I woke up before the alarm and I felt so sick! So I went back to sleep. When I woke up at 8am again, I still felt sick. It felt like I was hungover, but I barely drank anything the previous night. I felt like eating a piece of bread to calm my stomach down, but that was off limits. I cooked myself some scrambled eggs and ate some strawberries. I felt soo much better after that. This was a definite good lesson for when I go back to trying out, to not go all out, but try out things gently and in moderation!

Snacks- strawberries, pluot, almond butter, marinated beets, roasted red peppers, mini egg frittata
Lunch- crab cakes, tomato
Dinner- cauliflower fried rice, salmon
Dessert- pluot

No comments:

Post a Comment