Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Whole30- Days 5, 6, and 7!

Too much sugar or too much time off?

Larabars are too good to be true! They taste so good because it is satisfying my sweet tooth, but I think that the sugar in them affected my workout today. I felt pretty sluggish during the workout. Or could it have been I was only able to work out 2 times this past week? Hmmm

Day 5 (Friday)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Snacks: macadamia nuts, 2 lunabars
Lunch: leftover baked salmon w/ tomatoes
Dinner: Went out with friends for a birthday celebration at Fishbar. I was able to be good and ate blackened mahi mahi w/ steamed broccoli sauteed spinach.
Dessert: Afterwards, we headed over for some gelato. Gelato was off limits, but I was able to get some sorbetto! No dairy- just fruit and water. WOW was it sweet! Not eating sugar that intense for awhile made me kinda lightheaded. Good, but probably something I don't want to do for the remainder of these 30 days.

Day 6 (Saturday)

Saturday was super cooking day. We went to the farmer's market and bought a ton of produce. We also made a quick stop to Penzey's to pick up some spice mixes. I spent all day cooking 3 cod fillets, 2 dozen mini egg frittatas (for our breakfasts for the week), roasted red bell peppers, kale chips, and hardboiled eggs.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, lunabar
Snacks: fruit samplings at the farmer's market
Lunch: I forgot!! I wrote it down but deleted it. :( I guess it was fish and veggies.
Dinner: baked cod, sauteed eggplant stirfry, julienned zucchini
Dessert: baked peach with slivered almonds

Day 7 (Sunday)

Started off the day working out with "Jackie"- 1,000m row, 50 thrusters, 30 pullups, followed by cleaning the apartment, then putting together wedding invitations.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with Fox Point seasoning. Pretty tasty! And a lunabar.
Post workout: Lunabar
Lunch: baked cod with sauteed eggplant stirfry
Snacks: hardboiled egg, roasted red peppers
Dinner: baked salmon (which is cooking right now) and the last of the sauteed eggplant stirfry
Dessert: baked peach with slivered almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment