Totally unrelated to Paleo and Whole30, but I got a shout out from the totally awesome Stephanie Nikolopoulos, writer extraordinaire. Her and her sister are my favorite New Jersey girls. (No, they do not act like those idiots from Jersey Shore. Ew.)
Can you guess what I had for breakfast today? If you've been reading my blog, you probably already know--
Two egg frittata muffins! Oh yeah! Besides egg, the muffins have chard and tomato with a slight hint of coconut from the coconut flour and coconut oil. D also had the for breakfast, but isn't a fan of the slight coconut flavor.
Lunch: Met up with a friend for lunch at our fav place, Mendocino Farms. Normally I get the caprese sandwich or the veggie BLT (with veggie bacon), but those are off limits this month. Going paleo and not eating meat proved to limit my options even further to just two things-- tuna melt sandwich salad-style with no cheese and dressing on the side, or their roasted veggie salad without the mozzarella. I opted for the tuna melt sandwich salad-style, which is basically a spring mix salad with chopped tuna and herbs. Boring! But whatever- spending time with my friend is worth it.
Snacks throughout the day: key lime pie lunabar, hardboiled egg, macadamia nuts, carrot sticks, peach
Post-workout snack: peanut butter and jelly lunabar. Note to self-- don't ever eat a peanut butter and jelly lunabar again right after a workout! It was dark outside when I was eating the bar, and it suddenly reminded me of the pre-workout PB&J sandwich I'd have at 5:20am right before heading out for crew practice in college. (I have to eat something pretty bland before working out or else I get sick). It was weird, as I felt like I was heading back out for another workout.
Dinner: baked cod with Sunny Paris seasoning and the last of the julienned zucchini.
Dessert: roasted peach. I'm trying to get rid of them so I eat less sweet items the rest of this month. Once I run out of lunabars, I will not be replacing them, either! But they are so good. If you ever want to make one, it's simple. Heat the oven at 450 degrees. While it is heating, slice a peach in half and brush on some coconut oil on the sliced side. Pop them in the oven sliced side face up in an oven safe pan. Top with sliced almonds, if desired. Roast for about 15-20 minutes until the top starts to look somewhat puckery, or stick a fork in them and see if the fork goes in cleanly.
finally got a chance to peruse through your blog, and you made roasted peaches! i roasted nectarines the other day... scarpetta! :)
ReplyDelete