Sunday was a FANTASTIC day spent stuffing my face at brunch at Scarpetta. If you haven't tried it yet, be sure to go on an empty stomach and take your time eating all of the deliciousness (especially the cheese from the Beverly Hills Cheese Shop)! It also helps to have awesome company while you brunch away. :)
Today, Day 1 of Paleo using the Whole30 program, I started off the day pretty rushed. I forgot I had to get into work 1 hour early. I had no time to scramble eggs, so I crammed in my mouth 2 egg frittata muffins I made on Saturday, packed some roasted red pepper strips and a can of tuna for lunch, and headed out to work. Luckily I had to do a bunch of running around which kept me from thinking about my hunger. Around 11ish I ate some prunes and a peach.
Lunch was a can of tuna, roasted red pepper, and some edamame I had in the office fridge. That wasn't enough, and around 2 I was getting cranky from lack of food. I made a trip to the office building's convenience store. Whole30 advocates having a small amount of fruit a day. Because of the prune and peach, I couldn't get the banana I really wanted, so I bought two hardboiled eggs. That helped the crankiness go away!
On the way home, I made a quick stop to Sprouts to pick up some smoked salmon and lots of Larabars. Before heading to my CrossFit class, I munched on a Larabar (Paleo friendly!) and sampled the smoked salmon (MMmmMM).
Dinner was the highlight of my day- julienned zucchini, sauteed kale and swiss chard with fish sauce, heirloom tomato slices, and baked wild Alaskan salmon! OH YES!
I need to work on taking better food photos. Hopefully you won't get too sick knowing everything I'm eating!
keep up the good work!! i'm rooting for you! & yes, the cheeses (w/ the fig spread) at scarpetta were highlights!!
ReplyDelete