Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Paleo fail


This weekend was a fail and not a fail in terms of following paleo. I've been eating pretty good these past two weeks-- no more cereal for breakfast, no more sandwiches for lunch, no rice with my dinner. I decided last Friday to go all out for 30 days and try out the Whole9's Whole30 plan, starting on August 21st. It's going to take some planning! I gave myself a break and decided to go a little lax on what I ate over the weekend.



We went a little bit overboard at the OC Fair yesterday. Deep fried Reese's Nut Rageous bar, deep fried Kool Aid, deep fried butter, and roasted corn. It was spectacularly horrible but tasty. The fried butter was NOT my idea, and all I had was a little taste of it. It was basically butter coated cinnamon crisps.



Then today I was good at breakfast (smoked salmon), but lunch included some rice and dinner had buckwheat noodles. D'oh! I haven't felt good all weekend from all of this food craziness-- tired, face is breaking out again, overall irritable.



Miraculously, today's CrossFit post is all about goals and failure. Even though you may set up a goal, you are probably not going to achieve it. Setting up a goal is half the battle, as most people don't want to fail-- it is scary! Once you start towards that goal you may fail and not reach it. But the journey you take to get that goal makes you stronger, smarter, and know yourself more fully. This post really spoke to me as I start this paleo journey. Even though I had a major diet fail over the weekend, I learned a lot from how I felt, why I wanted to eat the food, and what to do to avoid it. So even though I'm probably going to fail again, I need to keep my eyes on the overall goal and keep on truckin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment