Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whole30- Day 9


Almost 1/3 of the way done! So far, I've learned a lot when it comes to eating paleo. It really is a lifestyle change, and a simple one at that. Just cut out dairy, grains, and sugar! I've definitely been tempted a few times to snack on something completely non paleo, but having this blog and writing down everything I eat has helped keep me accountable. Thanks for following me on this adventure.

Breakfast: 2 egg muffin frittatas (are you surprised??) But-- I promise I will eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. Can you guess what it will be? (Hint-- primary ingredient is egg, but it won't be an omelet.)

Lunch: baked salmon with herbes de provence and spaghetti squash

Snacks: carrots, macadamia nuts, apple pie luna bar, 2 egg muffin frittatas

Pre-workout snack: a few bites of yam

Post-workout snack: cashew cookie lunabar (tastes JUST like a cookie!), rest of the yam

Dinner: I got a little creative here and made my own thing. I had to do some meal prep and cook more fish for the next few days. I baked 3 salmon fillets and sauteed some onions and spinach. I didn't want to eat salmon for dinner, so I sauteed some scallops with garlic and scallions. I dished myself up some of the onion and spinach and topped it off with the scallops.

It turned out to be pretty good! I'm going to be a happy camper tomorrow as I don't have to cook anything- just reheat!

1 comment: