Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

What's going on post Whole30?

Now that I've finished Whole30, people have asked me what I've done since? Have I kept up with the paleo diet? Go crazy with "regular" processed food, grains, soy, etc? Both!

I've tried soy one day, grains the next, trying to see how my body would react. One thing is for sure-- my body doesn't like carbs! No way. Last Friday I had some carbs (1/2 a donut and a sandwich) and felt like crap the rest of the day-- tired, couldn't focus, and ended up in an argument with D. If that's the road carbs/gluten are going to take me down, I don't want to go that way.

Soy is fine- stomach is OK with soy. Dairy is fine as well. What I've been doing now is trying to figure out what to do with my diet. I'm tired of salmon, I don't want to eat as much soy as I used to. I've only read about 20 pages of The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith, and my beliefs are already being challenged. I cooked bacon about a week ago (see last entry) and I felt so gross cooking it. Grease was everywhere and the smell of meat cooking was nauseating. (I'm fine going to KBBQ and people cooking meat in front of me, but when I'm cooking the meat, that's a different issue.) I get what Keith is trying to argue, but it is so hard to mentally digest. D and I went out for soon tofu and he ordered some pork bulgogi. I had a few bites, which were delicious. So I'm seriously confused. This blog might turn into a veggie/meat debate. What are your thoughts on the issue?

One thing I won't debate about- I made a delicious coconut pound cake today- extremely moist and tasty. Mmmm!

1 comment:

  1. you ate bulgogi? maybe start incorporating a little meat into your diet? you know i'd vote for that! :)

    ReplyDelete